I like to use the Screen Sharing app on my Mac to connect to my Raspberry Pi so I don’t have to connect a keyboard/mouse/monitor. After it is setup, you can do this. A little more configuration needs to be done in order to make this work seamlessly with Screen Sharing.
- Click the VNC button in the menu bar and selct “Options…”
- Select “Security” on the left side
- Set Encryption to “Prefer Off”
- Set Authentication to “VNC password”
This should prompt to create a password. If not proceed to step 3.
- Select “Users & Permissions”
- Select “Standard user (user)” and create a password.
Now you can go to your Mac, open Screen Sharing, set the appropriate address and connect to your machine. Alternatively you can use the Finder and select Go > Network and type
vnc://ip.add.re.ss and it will open Screen Sharing for you.
I discovered this from StackExchange, of course.